Penn State Smeal Executive MBA Faculty
Faculty from Penn State's University Park campus travel across the state to Philadelphia to teach in the Smeal Executive MBA Program. They also reside on site at the Chubb Conference Center for each weekend of the program.
PENN STATE SMEAL VOICES
"The professors are committed to making the educational experience rewarding, demanding, and practical. The program will change the way you think in a way that makes you more effective as a manager and a leader."
- Jeffrey Miller '10, Physician, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Our faculty members are award winners, consultants to government and the world's top companies, and professors in the college's internationally ranked on-campus MBA Program. These are engaging teachers who have extensive experience working with executive-level students, including:
- Keith Crocker: Former economist at the Federal Trade Commission and an expert witness in cases involving antitrust and insurance concerns.
- Fariborz Ghadar: One of Businessweek’s “Top 100 Stars of Finance” and a recipient of AT&T’s prestigious 5.0 award for teaching excellence.
- Dennis Gioia: Chair of the Penn State Smeal Department of Management and Organization and a former engineer on the Apollo lunar program and with Ford Motor Company.
- Andy Gustafson: Director of the Smeal MBA Communications Program with expertise in oral, written, and graphic presentation strategies and skills.
- Donald Hambrick: Winner of the prestigious Academy of Management Distinguished Educator Award and author of the widely noted worldwide study of executive leadership Reinventing the CEO.
- Terry Harrison: Part of the nation’s top-ranked supply chain management program with expertise in supply chain modeling, large-scale production and distribution systems, decision support systems, and the management of renewable natural resources.
- Glen Kreiner: Expert in team dynamics with current research that focuses on areas such as role transitions, emotions in the workplace, and organization identity change.
- Nancy Mahon: Former director of public relations efforts for a Long Island, NY school system and an expert in oral, written, and presentational business communications.
- Ralph Oliva: Former marketing executive at Texas Instruments and the retired executive director of the Institute for the Study of Business Markets, a Smeal research center focused on helping companies address business-to-business marketing challenges.
- Albert Vicere: Leadership consultant to numerous firms including BASF, Cisco Systems, McDonald’s, Samsung, and Unilever, and the author of the books Leadership by Design and The Many Facets of Leadership.