The Penn State Smeal Executive MBA
Take the next step in your career with the Penn State Smeal Executive MBA Program. Our 21-month program on alternating weekends in metropolitan Philadelphia is designed to provide the learning, connections, resources, and experiences to change your business life and the business world. Discover how we can be part of your MBA future.
Consider the following program requirements and details as you plan to take your next step:
- Qualifications: Successful applicants typically have at least six years of post-undergraduate work history and managerial or team leader experience. Less experienced candidates will be considered with a sponsorship letter from their organizations.
- Selectivity: Admission is competitive and class size is limited. Students will be selected based on their work experiences, academic backgrounds, and anticipated contributions to the learning environment within the program.
- Calendar: The program begins with optional warm-up sessions and an orientation in July. It spans twenty-one consecutive months from the official start in late August before concluding in May.
- Weekend Schedule: Typical alternating class weekends begin at 1:30 p.m. on Friday afternoons and conclude at 5:15 p.m. on Saturdays with an overnight stay in between.
- Location: Typical classes are held at the Chubb Conference Center in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania. The program also features two full weeks to begin at the first and second year, as well as two 3-day weekends, on the Penn State University Park campus. Students will also take part in a week-long overseas immersion in the spring of the second year.